Rajasthani food is simple and yet tastes amazing. One can never resist the delicious flavor of Dal Baati Churma. I have always been a fan of this Indian delicacy and wish to share its simple recipe with all my readers.
For Panchmel Dal:
Method Of Preparation
For Panchmel Dal:
1. You must first wash the dals, pressure cook them nicely and keep them aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the seasonings. When the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the grated ginger and garlic. Saute for a minute.
3. Add dhania-jeera powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala powder. Now add tomatoes to the pan and cook.
4. Now you may transfer the cooked dals into the pan of tomato mixture. Top it with coriander leaves.
5. Finally, add lime juice as required.
1. Take a mixing bowl and mix carom seeds, coarsely ground fennel seeds, gram flour, wheat flour and sooji.
2. Add ghee into the flour mixture. Sprinkle milk and knead into a stiff dough. Cover the dough and keep it aside.
3. Make lime sized balls with the dough, flatten it slightly and keep it aside.
4. Generously top these balls with melted ghee.
5. Bake the baatis in an oven for roughly 10 minutes or till they attain a light brown hue.
6. Top it generously with ghee and the baatis are ready to serve.
1. You must take a mixing bowl and mix sooji and the wheat flour. You can rub in ghee so that the mixture created resembles bread crumbs.
2. Add milk to make them into a dough.
3. Now make them into any shape of your choice to help you deep fry them.
4. Deep fry these on a low flame till they become crisp and brown.
5. Now grind these coarsely in a grinder and add cardamom powder, crushed almonds and sugar to them.
6. Your churma is now ready to be served along with Dal Baati.